I like to share this tip every spring so you can harness and benefit from clearing out stagnant qi (chee) and welcome in the fresh new qi from springtime.
Watch the video to learn more:
Here’s a summary of this week’s tip.
- Clean your entryway inside and out. Sweep away any cobwebs or old leaves. Wash the door inside and out, along with the doorknob, floor, curtains, light fixtures, windows and walls.
- Do the same to the back door.
- Open the front and back doors and welcome spring energy to flow through your home, clearing out the yin/stagnant winter energy.
- Clear clutter from your entryway, porch, floor, closet, etc. Put away what you don’t use, file the papers, find a spot or create a system for all the things.
- If you have a hallway that is in view of your entrance, clear anything that might be in the hallway.
- LOVE YOUR ENTRYWAY! Do what it takes! Hang a nice picture, place a special shell or rock that you love on a table, keep a beautiful scarf hanging on a hook or anything that will make you smile when you enter your home.
This simple exercise will make you feel lighter and bring more spring energy (Wood Element) into your home and your body, supporting your liver in detoxifying and your tendons and ligaments to be more flexible! You may notice increased energy, more feelings of happiness, improved vision, more balanced hormones, fewer allergies, and less anger, anxiety and frustration! Give it a try and let me know in the comments how you feel after! If you’d like to learn more about the Five Elements and Qigong, please join me for my upcoming workshop on Flowing through the Five Elements with Qigong.
Thanks for reading and happy spring!
Sue Crites MSc, NCP Holistic Healing & Qigong
Spring Forest Qigong Instructor & Energy Coach